Quick Start Guide
For technical support email email@example.com
For more detailed instructions and troubleshooting please visit website at
a: LED Status Indicator
b: Re-broadcast wifi configuration portal – hold for appx 5 seconds then go back to wifi settings to see Keep Connect’s SSID
c: Reset Settings to Factory Default (hold for appx 30 seconds) then LED will flash and then turn solid yellow
Plugging In and Getting Started
- Plug Keep Connect into outlet
- Plug your router/wireless access point into Keep Connect
- On your phone or tablet connect to Keep Connect’s WiFi SSID (as if Keep Connect were acting as a router itself). Under your WiFi setup you should see the Keep Connect SSID. Connect to it!
- WAIT!!! Be patient, it takes Keep Connect a moment to redirect you to a configuration page (it works just like airport or other public open WiFi networks requiring no password but you have to wait for the sign-in or acknowledge page). At times it may say “Unable to Connect” and require another try. This is a known issue and does not impact the reliability of the Keep Connect device.
- After successfully connected to Keep Connect SSID, Configuration Portal will open for you with Keep Connect Logo and language to choose and proceed with Setup.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to input your desired credentials to access configuration portal. This credentials will be used if you wants to reconfigure the settings later on.
- On the third screen you will choose which wifi connection the Keep Connect device will monitor.
- You can choose on the available Wifi network by clicking on the list of available network (e.g. HomeWifi OR enter manually the SSID (or wifi name), and its password
- Then choose which notification you wish to receive.
- You can go ahead and save the setting or you can navigate and check the “Advanced Settings”.
Advanced Settings Summary
Primary/Backup Test Domains – Used to test internet connection
How long to kill power to devices – If neither primary/backup sites are reachable, how long to leave router/modem in o state
How long to wait after reset before reconnecting – blinking yellow period while Keep Connect waits for router / modem to power on and reconnect before Keep Connect starts checking connection again.
Timezone UTC Offset – This is the same as GMT o set and can be found at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UTC_time_o sets Default is -5 which corresponds to USA Eastern Standard Time. For example for -5:00 enter -5 and for 5:00 just enter 5.
Settings Summary (Cont.)
Auto Reset Interval in Days – set Keep Connect to auto reset router / modem every [chosen period in days]. Default setting is 0 which disables this feature. Choose non-zero value to enable this feature and also set the Hour of Day that you wish the Auto Reset to occur (0 is midnight and 23 is 11pm). Also set Enable Daylight Savings Time to Y or N.
Max Number of Continuous Resets – Number of resets allowed before seeing healthy internet connection.
Reset Settings – Press the Reset Button at the top center of Keep Connect which should trigger yellow LED to blink and reset the device allowing it to be reconfigured from factory state. After initial setup, Keep Connect’s SSID will no longer be active and only way to reach configuration page is by Reset Button
- After completing the setup, the portal will now show success message that it connected successfully to your chosen network. By this time, Keep Connect is already a device part of your network and will have its own ip address. Take note the ip address so you can open again configuration portal on your pc/mobile browser anytime by typing the address (e.g. http://192.168.1.9/) Take note: Username and Password are BOTH case sensitive. The credentials asked here are the same credentials asked during the initial setup and NOT your wifi/router credentials
- You will also receive a text/email message that you successfully setup Keep Connect to your network.
LED Color Summary
Blue – Everything is connected and working as intended.
Solid Yellow – Not Connected. Awaiting User Configuration by connecting to Keep Connect SSID. If in follower mode yellow can indicate awaiting confirmation from other Keep Connect
Blinking Yellow – This indicates either the device has just booted (either from reset, loss of power, unplug/replug, etc) and is waiting the set time to allow the modem/router to fully come online OR the user has pressed the reset button and Keep Connect is clearing the stored settings and reverting back to factory defaults.
LED Off – In process of resetting router / modem
Johnson Creative, LLC provides a limited warranty on all eligible Johnson Creative, LLC products sold in the United States. The limited warranty covers failures due to defects in material or workmanship on devices. Packaging, software products, and technical data are not covered under the limited warranty. The limited warranty is only applicable to the original purchaser of the product. Proof of purchase and a complete product serial number are required to receive any services guaranteed as part of the limited warranty. The maximum liability of Johnson Creative, LLC is equal to and no higher than the product’s purchase price.
Johnson Creative, LLC does not provide refunds under the limited warranty in any conditions. Johnson Creative, LLC will replace defective units with factory refurbished products. If a factory refurbished unit is not available, then the defective unit will be replaced with a brand new product. If the defective unit is discontinued, Johnson Creative, LLC will replace it with product(s) of equivalent value and features. Product Warranty periods do not renew with replacement units. The original purchase date and warranty period will appy to replacement products.
Keep Connect Pro’s warranty period is 12 months.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference. (2) This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equiment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation.
- Security Mechanism: WEP/WPA/WPA2
- IEEE Standards WiFi 2.4Ghz b/g/n
- Model Number: KC11
- Working Temp: -20~60°C
- CFrequency: 50-60HZ Rated Voltage: 100-250V
- Rated Current: 10A
- Weight: 50g
WARNING: Changes or modification not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
RF Exposure: The equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This device should be installed and operated with minimum distance 20cm between the radiator and your body.
WARNING: The devices are not intended for use in location where the temperature may be less than actual room conditions such as unheated warehouses or garages.’
AVERTISSEMENT: les dispositifs ne sont pas destinés à l’endroit où la température peut parmoins de chambre ou de conditions telles que les entrepôts non chauffé.’