Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I cancel or change my order?Unfortunately, it’s not possible to make any changes to an order or cancel it once it has been placed. However, you could ask for a refund.
- How to track my order?You will receive an email from us after you have placed the order. You’ll get confirmation in your email when you purchase and we’ll let you know when your order is on the move. You will be able to track your order through your preferred shipping partner.
- What are my payment options?We accept all the popular payment methods such as PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Amazon Pay, American Express and Google Pay.
Shipping & Delivery
- Do you ship overseas?Yes, we ship all over the world. Please note that additional shipping costs will be applied based on your delivery location.
- Do you offer free shipping?Yes, free shipping is available for all the orders that's placed inside the United States. We charge shipping fees for overseas orders.
- How long does the delivery take?We usually take 3-5 business days for your order to be shipped & delivered.
Refund & Exchange
- How long does it take to get the Refund?Once we receive your return, please allow us 3-5 business days for your refund to process. Refund amount will be automatically debited to the same form of payment originally used for purchase.
- How do I track my Refund?To track the status of your refund, kindly refer to your confirmation email that you have received from us.
- What is your Refund & Exchange Policy?You can ask for a refund within 30 days of your purchase. Returned items must be in the exact same condition as they were received.
- How Does Keep Connect work?
Here's an overview of Keep Connect's General Operation: All highlighted text are default values and can be modified.
1. Every few minutes (5 minutes), Keep Connect monitors your internet health by attempting to reach a primary domain (google.com). If the primary domain is unreachable, it will retry after one minute using the secondary domain (cnn.com). If both attempts fail, Keep Connect concludes that the internet is down and proceeds to restart your router.
2. After restarting the router, Keep Connect waits for a few minutes (3 minutes) before attempting to reconnect to your WiFi network and check if the internet is available. This is to make sure router/modem already supplying internet before KC
3. If the internet is still down, Keep Connect continues to restart your router (repeating step 1) until it successfully detects internet connectivity. The default value for the maximum allowable resets is 3 (adjustable up to 99).
4. If the maximum allowable restarts are reached (e.g., Keep Connect restarts your router 3 times), it will wait for a couple of hours (4 hours) before attempting to restart the router again (for up to 3 times).
5. This loop continues until Keep Connect successfully regains internet connection to monitor your internet health.
Lastly, Once Keep Connect reconnected to your WiFi and finds a healthy internet, Keep Connect sends a notification that a reboot or power cycle was initiated.
- What’s the difference between Keep Connect and Power Pal?
Keep Connect primarily works with routers that need monitoring and automatic reboots. While PowerPal helps homeowners detect power outages. While it is not required for PowerPal to be with Keep Connect, they make a perfect pair for easier detection of different outages, whether related to the internet or power.
- Is the Keep Connect Cloud Service necessary?
The Keep Connect as a device does NOT require the use of the app. Keep Connect as a device still performs its intended role of constantly monitoring your network and automatically rebooting your router/modem when a loss of internet connection is detected, ensuring continuous online availability.
The app just offers additional features such as checking reset logs, remote monitoring of Keep devices, adjusting settings remotely, and triggering manual resets. This option is particularly favored by customers who own multiple Keep Connect devices or have units placed in remote locations, as it allows them to conveniently monitor their KCs' statuses.
On the other hand, users who do not subscribe to the Keep Connect Cloud Service can monitor their device statuses on our status page (https://www.johnson-creative.com/status/).
- Can it be used for power cycling devices other than routers?
Keep Connect is versatile and not limited to routers alone. It can be seamlessly integrated with cameras, allowing monitoring of camera connectivity to WiFi, and automatically rebooting when specific conditions are detected. Moreover, Keep Connect offers the option for scheduled reboots of cameras or other WiFi devices. If you have a unique or creative plan for utilizing Keep Connect, share it with us, and we'll gladly assist you in configuring Keep Connect to suit your desired function.