In the ever-evolving world of technology, staying connected to the internet is crucial for both personal and professional purposes. To ensure a seamless internet experience, monitoring your connection’s performance is essential. The good news is that Keep Connect has just received some incredible upgrades! In this article, we’ll explore Keep Connect’s new features and enhanced functionality. It aims to empower you to take control of your connectivity checks and troubleshoot internet issues like never before.
Enhanced Functionality: Enter a URL, Port, and More!
Traditionally, Keep Connect allowed users to enter a domain name for connectivity checks. However, we’ve taken a giant leap forward by expanding this functionality. This is aimed to offer you a more precise and customizable monitoring experience.
- Specify a Full URL and Port Number: Instead of just using a domain name, you can now input a complete URL along with the associated port number. This enhancement allows better monitoring and targets specific pages and services with pinpoint accuracy.
- Introducing HTTP Response Codes: With Keep Connect’s new upgrade, you can enter an HTTP response code (such as 200) after inputting your URL and port number. This feature enables you to verify whether your router receives the expected responses from servers, adding a new layer of insights to your monitoring process.
- Fine-Tune Your Monitoring: The possibilities are now endless! You can fine-tune your connectivity checks to see if your router can reach a particular page, access a specific port, and receive precise HTTP response codes.
Going Deeper with Text Search
Our enhanced features don’t stop there. If you require even more depth in your monitoring, we’ve got you covered. After entering your HTTP response code, you can further specify a chunk of text to search for in the body of the HTTP response. This feature lets you verify whether specific content is being correctly delivered, providing you with a more comprehensive connectivity monitoring.
Take a look at this sample:
Keep Connect Firmware Requirement
To take advantage of our new feature, please note that you need to upgrade your Keep Connect firmware to the latest version.
Need assistance with the upgrade process? Don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Our dedicated support team will provide the help you need.
Understanding the Defaults
Before we look into some practical examples, it’s crucial to clarify the default feature. If you only enter a domain name, Keep Connect defaults to performing an HTTPS check. Considering any response from the server a successful one. However, if you want to perform an HTTP check specifically, make sure to specify ‘http://‘ at the beginning of the domain or URL.
Practical Examples: Real-Life Scenarios
Let’s explore how these new functionalities can be applied in practical scenarios:
- Checking Basic Internet Connection:
- Previous Approach: You could enter ‘www.google.com‘ to check if the router can reach Google’s servers, a common test for internet connectivity.
- New Approach: Specify ‘http://www.google.com‘ to ensure it’s not defaulting to HTTPS. You can also use ‘https://www.apple.com/library/test/success.html‘ for another common test URL.
- Advanced Connection Checks:
- Suppose you have a personal website ‘www.mysite.com,’ and you want to ensure your router can access the ‘about’ page on port 8080, receive an HTTP 200 response code, and display the specific sentence “Welcome to My Site” on the page. Now you can set Keep Connect to monitor ‘www.mysite.com/about:8080 200 Welcome to My Site.’
Conclusion: Experience Seamless Connection with our Enhanced Functionality
With these incredible upgrades, Keep Connect puts the power of connectivity monitoring directly into your hands. Whether you’re a casual internet user, a home office worker, or a network admin, this enhanced functionality empowers you to diagnose and troubleshoot internet connectivity issues like never before. Experience a seamless online experience with Keep Connect.